EDIS’s alignment with ISO 19650 includes:
- The electrical testing and compliance project requirements and milestones can be easily downloaded and shared with the project team via the compliance planning report.
- The delivery team plans a schedule and mobilises resources based on the number of type of circuit testing required and the planned completion dates
- Key information is reviewed, and surveyed where required and shared via the EDIS Portal, and made available to task teams (i.e., Project Managers, Clients and Test Engineers).
- The Electrical distribution information, supplies, distribution boards and schedules are managed in the EDIS Cloud where it is available to right people work on the right information at the right time.
- Information produced can reviewed and approved at each stage by the members of the team and sharing based on user permissions.
- Information is created, updated and stored and made available for ongoing operation use through the lifecycle of the asset.
ISO 19650 is a series of international standards that define the collaborative processes for the effective management of information over the whole life cycle of a built asset using building information modelling (BIM). It is designed to help organizations improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their information management processes, and to reduce the risk of errors and omissions.
Some of the key benefits of ISO 19650 include:
- Improved collaboration and coordination: ISO 19650 provides a common framework and language for information management across different disciplines, stages, and locations. This helps to reduce errors, conflicts, and duplication of work.
- Increased efficiency and productivity: ISO 19650 helps organizations to streamline their information processes and improve the flow of information between stakeholders. This can lead to significant time and cost savings.
- Reduced risk: ISO 19650 helps organizations to identify and mitigate risks associated with information management. This can lead to better decision-making and improved project outcomes.
- Increased customer satisfaction: By improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their information management processes, organizations can deliver projects on time and to budget, and meet the needs of their customers more effectively.
In addition to these general benefits, ISO 19650 can also lead to specific benefits in different areas, such as:
- Design: ISO 19650 can help design teams to improve the quality and consistency of their output. It can also help to reduce the number of design errors and omissions.
- Construction: ISO 19650 can help construction teams to improve the efficiency and productivity of their work. It can also help to reduce the number of construction defects.
- Operation and maintenance: ISO 19650 can help asset owners and operators to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operation and maintenance processes. It can also help to extend the life of assets and reduce operating costs.
Overall, ISO 19650 can provide a wide range of benefits for organizations of all sizes and in all sectors of the construction industry. It is a valuable tool for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of information management, and for reducing the risk of errors and omissions.
In addition to the benefits listed above, ISO 19650 can also help organizations to:
- Win new business: ISO 19650 certification can demonstrate to potential clients that an organization is committed to best practices in information management. This can give organizations a competitive advantage when bidding for new projects.
- Improve their reputation: ISO 19650 certification is a mark of quality and professionalism. Organizations that are ISO 19650 certified are seen as being leaders in their field.
- Attract and retain top talent: Employees are increasingly looking to work for organizations that are committed to best practices and continuous improvement. ISO 19650 certification can help organizations to attract and retain top talent.
If you are considering implementing ISO 19650 in your organization, EDIS can assist with the Electrical Compliance Aspects of the requirement.